If you haven't checked out our basic guide on Relations yet, please take a look before reading on.
When mapping your process into Fibery, sometimes you find yourself looking at a hierarchy like this:
Here are some common use cases:
- Goal → Initiatives → Tasks
- Team → Features → User Stories
- Account → Contacts → Activities
- Editor → Sections → Articles
- Region → Countries → Customers
When we notice such a hierarchy, we automatically filter selectors to save you from searching for the right Entity in a long list.
Let's take the last example. Here we have a few Countries groupped by their Region:
Once you've connected a Customer to a Region, the list of available Countries is automatically filtered:
Here are some gotchas:
- 😿 Doesn't work with many-to-many relations (please ping us in chat, if that's what you need)
- 💪 Works with unlimited levels of hierarchy. Try Planet → Regions → Countries → Cities → Customers ;)